Thursday, January 27, 2011

Notes to God

On Tuesday afternoon, I took Sallie and Elsa to a funeral with me.   Isabel, a dear sister from Cristo Redentor, participated in a church retreat on Sunday, and then had a massive heart attack on Monday.   She went Home "prayed up," and although we will miss her, there is no doubt in our minds that she is fully enjoying the neverending prayer and praise session in heaven!

So during the service, I noticed that Elsa had a little piece of paper carefully folded into a small square.   I indicated that I'd like to see what it was all about.   She leaned over and whispered, "No, Mom.  It's a note for God."  To which Sallie immediately added with authority, "Oh!  I know how you can get it to Him!"   So, if you want to know how to get your messages to God, just Facebook Sallie.   She's got the inside track.

I did get a look at the note to God later.  It said (in English!), "I love God.  I love God.  I love God."   I think He'll love that note.   I might send Him one myself, as I am falling in love all over again with Jesus.   I'm back in my adoptive country, enjoying my adopted children (all 70 or so!), and am present once again for Holy  Spirit action among us.   It's wonderful to be in the Presence of the Living God. 

Ken and Pat Holden's medical brigade is here and working hard.   We saw over 200 people yesterday in San Buenaventura.   I translated for Dr. Jamie Ravenel, whose mother-in-law (Helen Barkley) was a true spiritual giant at St. Philip's Church, and also a spiritual support for me personally.   She was so excited when I was sent out as a missionary!    No doubt she was smiling on Dr. Jamie yesterday as he doctored; now he is a missionary, too!

Please be sure to check out Amanda Scott's blogs.   They are so good!   Her blogs have PHOTOS!   I might learn how to do that one day.   You can find the link to her blog page on our webside:  http://www.lambinstitute.org/.   You will love the pictures of our new director, David Gradiz, leading a game at our "Woman's Day" celebration.    When you see the physical demands of the game, you will understand why I was the first person eliminated!

Much love to all of you in Jesus.   He is truly the Lover of Our Souls.   His abundant life is for TODAY.  May you enjoy His Presence continually.

Hugs, Suzy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home