Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Jasmine, Linda . . . and Moses!

Trusting in the unseen, having faith without visible evidence -- these are spiritual exercises described in the Scriptures.   God is at work in the spiritual realm where the real battles are being waged.   Our part is to trust Him, and to go forward as if the victory were already won.

I'm trusting God for Jasmine and Linda.   Jasmine took off late yesterday afternoon, promising to return today.   She did not.   I didn't really expect her.   She's back on drugs, high on street freedom, and not interested in attempting once again to make her way to freedom in Christ.    What can I do?  I can visit her on her turf.  I can pray for her.   I can remember that God's eye is on the sparrow, and that He will not forget Jasmine.  

At Social Services today, I spoke frankly about Linda's case.  I was given an explanation.  In the end, we made peace.   I was then told about FIVE babies who need a place to go.  Oh, my.   One of them has a serious medical problem.  Dr. Ken Holden is here, and we have talked about this baby, whose name is Moses (see him above).   Please pray for little, 4-mo-old Moses, who needs quite a few miracles.   

In the end, I said, "If you consider moving Linda again, please think about giving her back to me."   The social worker said, "You want her back?"  What a question!    It is very difficult to work at Social Services, and these people are worn out from trying to figure out how to manage children's lives.   I pray that we will never "grow weary from well-doing" as we care for our own littlest lambs.   Lord, refresh us each and every day as we love Your children in Your Name.

And strengthen our faith, "the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen" (Hebrews 11: 1), as we ride out in Jesus' Name for Jasmine, Linda and Moses.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home