Tuesday, March 15, 2011

It Doesn't Get Any Better Than This!


Tonight Maribel, Lucy’s birthmom, accepted Christ with us in the living room of Casa Lamb. She cried a lot, told us that the Lord had been calling her, but that she had been too scared to let Him in. “But I’m not going back this time,” she said, and prayed the sinner’s prayer.

As I drove Maribel home, she said softly, “I’m so happy.” FINALLY.

So happy after being given away as a baby.
So happy after being sexually abused by her father.
So happy after running away with a man twenty years older when she was 12 years old.
So happy after being sold in exchange for drugs.
So happy after having four children before she’d turned 22.
So happy after running with a gang of thieves.
So happy after having all four children taken away from her by Social Services.
So happy after being sent to jail for robbery.

In fact, I asked Maribel a couple of weeks ago, “Can you remember a time when you were happy?” She thought for a moment and said, “The happiest time of my life was when I was I prison.” !!!

Tonight Maribel came home to Jesus. She’s so happy. And, really: It doesn’t get any better than that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home