Monday, February 7, 2011

"Group Season"

"Group Season" was officially heralded in on Saturday as two teams arrived:  one led by Son and Helen Trask from Mt. Pleasant, SC, and the other led by Al Thompson from the Atlanta area.   Among its members, Son and Helen's team has a couple (Steve and Debbie) from Pennsylvania, and a couple (Rick and Gale) from Montana!   LAMB is truly expanding its borders, which is very exciting.

Yesterday our children attended church elsewhere, so the Atlanta group went to Cristo Redentor, and the Mt. Pleasant group joined me at the Baptist Church I attended for awhile years ago, and where my son Noah plays guitar with the praise team.   We saw Betsy, "the walking miracle," a cancer survivor, good friend, and truly a faithful soldier of Jesus Christ, heard a great sermon on running the Christian raise with patience, courage, and faithfulness, and of course enjoyed beautiful praise and worship.

Afterwards, both teams went to Valle de Angeles to shop.   Sallie and Elsa were stuck like glue to Helen Trask, so off they went, too, and came home very tired and happy.  

I spent most of Sunday afternoon at the hospital visiting babies.  Actually, to be truthful, I picked up a little girl (4mos) whose mother left her there last Wednesday, and carried her around for two hours.   I left my card with the nurses and a social worker:   "I would LOVE to help with this baby."   Her name is Christi Maria, and she is a doll.   We'll see.   Only God knows how to work these things out, but when I first saw her last Thursday while visiting Moses, I definitely felt that she wanted to go home with  me.   ha. 
For the next two months, we have groups coming down non-stop.   We 're so blessed to have tons of friends!!   And I am praying praying praying that we can finish the boys' cabin by the end of summer, and also get the water situation well on its way to being resolved.   I have set up my office in the church, and am hoping to spend lots of time at the children's home as a support to the staff and children, and also to be with our friends from the States as much as possible.

On the home front, Mary is loving college and doing great.   Sallie and Elsa love their little school, too.  Elsa is even wearing her skirt on Mondays without complaint!    Lety starts school next Monday at a Christian high school.   I'm praying that she will experience a fresh wind of the Spirit there.   Sometimes you just can't fully appreciate the spirituality of your mother, if you know what I mean.   I pray she'll find someone with whom she can connect, and begin to develop her own relationship with Jesus again.  And Lucy . . . well, Lucy is all about playing and being LOUD.   I can't wait until August to put her into kindergarten!   I'm praying for a dynamic, patient, godly, strict teacher for Lucy.   :-)   

Oh, and we have six new puppies!!

Thank you for keeping all of us in your prayers.    Without prayer, we are definitely a ship without a rudder.    Much love in Jesus, Suzy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home